Software Engineer at Confluence Technologies Inc
Confluence is a global technology solutions provider delivering innovative products to the worldwide money management industry, to meet asset managers and service providers performance, reporting, analytics, risk and data needs. With the recent acquisition of StatPro, Confluence offers its clients a broader range of data-driven managed investment solutions including post-trade regulatory and shareholder reporting, performance and attribution, portfolio analytics, and asset data services and data management, delivering a full technology suite to the front, middle and back office. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence services over 400 clients in 39 countries, with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
Development teams at Confluence consist of intelligent, driven and dedicated individuals across disciplines who are passionate about what they do and committed to each other’s success. As a member of the development team, a Software Engineer at Confluence works across the entire tech stack utilizing cutting-edge technologies to build and maintain industry-leading software solutions. This individual takes user stories and architectural specifications to strategize and implement secure, performant, efficient and maintainable solutions designed to provide value to internal and external stakeholders. Development teams at Confluence thrive in an agile environment that embraces change, teamwork, and customer collaboration to deliver value to our clients. Our teams work hard and have fun while doing so and always take time to celebrate our successes.
- Design, develop, document, test, debug and support/maintain new and existing software systems driven by product vision and architecture.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle, from epic decomposition/story writing to implementation and support.
- Embrace and promote Scrum team values of Commitment, Courage, Focus, Openness and Respect.
- Serve as lead on feature development.
- Assume responsibility for timely completion of tasks and initiate alternative paths or work-arounds when problems are encountered.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Understand and adhere to Confluence software development processes and standards; aid management in optimization and maintenance of said processes and standards.
- Positively contribute to self-organizing teams that continuously improve as a means to deliver high-quality, value-packed products on-time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science and minimum of four or more years programming experience preferred.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Full stack development experience
- Strong understanding of OOP concepts
- Strong programming experience with C# and .Net framework
- Experience with SOA and EDA preferred
- Cloud development experience preferred
- Experience with unit test tools such as NUnit, XUnit, Jasmine, Karma preferred
- TDD or ATDD experience is a plus
- Experience with asynchronous programming is a plus
- Experience with TypeScript is desirable
- Keen eye for quality
- Ability to weigh solution risk and complexity against cost and value
- Fails fast
- Experience with Scrum or other agile methodology preferred
- Collaborative working style that values team success over personal accomplishments
- Driven to continuously learn and embrace new challenges
- Act in accordance with and is an ambassador of our company values – Integrity, Imagination, Discipline and Service
Confluence Technologies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
19 total views, 2 today