Social Worker, June 2020 – NGO Jobs
Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Trust has been addressing maternal and child health problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani’s mandate is sustainable community health, and, over the years, the organisation has developed programmes to meet the needs of the communities it serves. They aim to improve health outcomes by combining skills and resources with the knowledge and resources that exist in the community. Philani’s programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. The organisation is committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
Philani seeks to appoint a mature female Social Worker, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to do counselling, group work, home visits, training and referrals. The successful candidate will support households and their families.
- Implement clinical intervention strategies (discharge planning, patient management and counselling)
- Provide continuous support, counselling, guidance and advice to effected individuals, groups and communities
- Monitor effectiveness of interventions
- Perform statuary functions applicable to clinical work
- Compile court reports and attend to court enquiries
- Provide feedback to medical and nursing staff
- Administrative tasks (statistics, leave forms, patient records).
- Compile comprehensive referrals to outside agencies
- Build stakeholder relationships;
- Tertiary qualification and registration as a social worker
- At least 2 years of Clinical Social Work experience and the ability to conduct psychosocial assessments
- Bilingual preferred Xhosa and English
- Excellent listening and Communication Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team.
- Active member in her community
- Computer literacy;
- Valid driver’s licence and confidence to drive.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to [email protected]
12 total views, 1 today