Short Term Staff – Facility Support Assistant Country Office, RDNG | African Development Bank
Position title: Short Term Staff – Facility Support Assistant Country Office, RDNG
Publication date: 10-Jun-2020
Closing date: 09-Jul-2020
Duty station: FCT. Abuja, Nigeria
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank and the Government and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners
RDNG invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the position of Facility Support Assistant. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria and does not attract international terms and conditions.
The incumbent of the position will provide facility management support to the Nigeria Country Department (RDNG) of the African Development Bank by supporting the delivery of efficient and effective service. These services are not limited to but include EHS (Environment, Health and Safety), space management, inspections and support of proactive and reactive maintenance of the office building.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Director and direct supervision of the Principal Office Administration and Government Relations Coordinator. The Facility Support Assistant will work closely with the Facility officer to perform the following:
- Analyze the state of structural defects and deteriorations, evaluate the works, do an estimate of the required resources and follow up for their approval;
- Support renovation or restructuring projects, identify operations that require restoration activities;
- Establish work plans and drawings in line with identified needs, estimate the required resources and follow up for their approval;
- For new projects (of renovation or restructuring as the case may be), prepare drawings as needed;
- Participate as member of technical evaluation committees for structural renovation and repairs and participate in related discussions,
- Undertake site technical supervisions, draft minutes for meetings held with contractors in charge of project implementation;
- Follow-ups and verification of maintenance works in the premises of the Bank;
- As requested, replenishments of materials and supplies as part of maintenance activities;
- Monitor and restock countertop items in restrooms as needed;
- Support inventory of assets;
- Supervise the technical procedures, for all types of repairs on concrete materials, stainless steel, gypsum, finishing materials, waterproofing and carpentry;
- Perform regular maintenance as needed and ensure replacement of light bulbs, water filters and other appliances where necessary;
- Monitor all the works executed under service contracts;
- On a weekly basis, inspect and maintain the exterior premises (grounds, building, and parking garage), including removal of debris;
- Receive all grievances and client’s requests;
- Support team to develop and implement methods to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and the quality of products and services provided to internal and external clients of the department;
- Constitute a database and a system of archiving the ground plans of the Bank’s premises both in hard copy and in electronic formats. Prepare a leaflet that allows the easy identification/use of the ground plans.;
- Supervise the unloading of containers and the distribution of the Bank’s materials;
- Daily supervision of the functional status of sanitary installations in the premises occupied by the Bank;
- Responsible for the follow up and the supervision of janitorial service contracts and disinfestation services in the premises occupied by the Bank;
- Support in following up on the environment (recycling of paper, implementation of water saving mechanisms, etc.)
- Carry out other duties as required by the position and/or by superior
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Mechanical, Structural / Manufacturing Engineering with experience facility management or a related field;
- Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Facility Management in an international organization;
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
- Possess problem solving skills, troubleshooting, verbal and written communications
- Possess EPA Certification, or professional engineer license or HSE Competency Development
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload and have technical knowledge of buildingservices
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and deadline-focused. Ability to pay attention to detailsis a must.
- Skills in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) are also recommended
- Proficient in CAD software and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook,Explorer and Visio)
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE POST HOLDER WILL BE
CONSIDERED A SHORT-TERM STAFF (LOCAL STAFF)
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
6 total views, 1 today