Senior Health Economist (3 Years Ftc)
A Senior Health Economist (3 Years Fixed Term Contract) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium for PRICELESS SA – MRC Centre for Health Economic and Decision Science at the School of Public Health, University of Witwatersrand (Johannesburg) Gauteng.
PRICELESS SA- MRC Centre for Health Economic and Decision Science is a research unit that aims to enable smart decision-making in health through evidence-based research. PRICELESS SA’s core business is to provide evidence to improve resource allocation and priority setting within the healthcare system.
Main purpose of the job
- To provide support to all Economic Evaluation streams of research and support the Masters in Public Health (MPH) Programme through lecturing and the supervision of students (Masters and PhD candidates) on topics relating to cost effectiveness analysis.
- School of Public Health – University of Witwatersrand (Johannesburg)
Key performance areas
- To identify novel research ideas.
- Attract research funding by identifying and applying for research grants in line with PRICELESS research strategy.
- Manage research projects from inception to completion.
- Prepare research reports and present findings to the PRICELESS team or other groups
- Develop own or group work to publication stage, disseminating research findings through appropriate fora.
- Publish manuscripts in high impact health economics journals.
- Participate in internal and external network meetings, workshops and collaborative partnerships, representing PRICELESS in a professional manner at all times.
- Line manage and supervise junior researchers.
- Contribute to teaching on the Wits Masters in Public Health (MPH) Programme and in the supervision of students (Masters and PhD candidates).
- Uphold the values of PRICELESS
Required minimum education and training
- PhD in Health Economics with a strong focus on cost-effectiveness analysis and decision analytical modelling.
Required minimum work experience
- Demonstrable experience in cost-effectiveness analysis and decision analytical modelling
- 3 years working experience in a research environment.
- Experience in teaching and student supervision.
- Demonstrable experience publishing articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- A strong academic background and proven track record in economic evaluation research publications and successful research grant application.
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Good conceptualization skills
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Interest in health and equity in South Africa
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive with a positive approach to taking on a number of different duties
- Display a high level of initiative and independent thinking
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel and work overtime when required
- Able to analyse and solve problems
- Able to recognise and act on opportunities
- Successful applicants will be required to align with and operate within the core values of PRICELESS
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 29 May 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
SCAM ALERT – PLEASE BE AWARE! NOT AJ PERSONNEL OR ANY REPUTABLE AGENCY NOR ANY CLIENT WILL ASK MONEY FOR INTERVIEWS. NO FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR ANY INTERVIEWS OR OFFERING YOU A JOB!!! – DON’T BE SCAMMED!!!
11 total views, 1 today