Senior Care & Treatment Advisor, June 2020 – NGO Jobs
HIV Care & Treatment
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Senior Care & Treatment Advisor position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the in-country Senior Program Manager to design, implement and guide all technical aspects of the program and to provide regular support and mentorship to technical staff.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Senior Care & Treatment Advisor provides technical direction to the project team to ensure that set targets are achieved; works closely with the DoH and other implementers at all levels on activity planning that improves Index Testing and Community HIV Care and Treatment; and ensures HIV services are coordinated with DoH and other implementing partners.
- Program Leadership and Management
- Assist the Senior Program Manager in the prioritization and implementation of index testing and treatment interventions;
- Lead efforts to improve access to and use of HIV care and treatment services by the community;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of care and treatment project activities for results and use of resources against approved objectives and budgets;
- Identify and benchmark successful interventions with replicable models of index testing and community HIV care and treatment;
- Provide technical leadership and work closely and collaboratively with other program staff and key stakeholders in partnerships around quality clinical care initiatives;
- Provide technical guidance and assistance in developing and promoting strategies for community mobilization and quality improvement related to HIV treatment and care, adherence and retention support;
- Lead and manage all technical activities pertaining to care and treatment, working closely with project staff to oversee successful implementation; and
- Ensure that all technical deliverables are met at a high level of quality.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community based organisations, district health managers, and implementing partner organizations to support project implementation;
- Maintain effective linkages between technical components within the project and with other JSI South Africa projects;
- Liaise with JSI’s HIV and Infectious Diseases Center to bring best practice in project implementation; and
- Maintain a strong and wide network with key partners and stakeholders in South Africa while representing the project on appropriate technical steering and advisory groups.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A medical or related clinical degree is an essential requirement. A master’s degree or higher in public health, public administration, social sciences or related field is a plus;
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing responsibility senior level experience in design, implementation, and results monitoring of HIV care, treatment and support programs is an essential requirement. Experience with PEPFAR or the Global Fund programming is strongly preferred;
- Documented experience in providing the level of technical assistance that is required to complete the work detailed in the statement of work and envisaged key performance area will be an essential requirement;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills are an essential requirement;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in HIV clinical care in South Africa required; specific experience in index testing and community HIV care and treatment strongly preferred;
- Demonstrable clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV, including ART provision and implementing adherence and retention strategies will be a distinct advantage;
- Demonstrable technical expertise and skills in quality assurance systems and programs will be an advantage; and
- Strong computer skills are necessary, as are excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Closing Date for Applications: 15 June 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Senior Care & Treatment Advisor) to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being un
9 total views, 1 today