PSYCHIATRIST, June 2020 – NGO Jobs
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
In effort to control spread of covid-19 disease transmission, the government of Ethiopia on 23 March 2020, imposed a 14-day mandatory quarantine period for all travellers arriving in Bole International Airport. This includes MSF`s direct beneficiaries, the KSA migrant deportees. One of the major quarantine center for these deportees is in Addis Ababa Science and Technology University (AASTU) located in Kilinto.
Taking this in to consideration, it has been decided that the migrant project in MSF Spain temporarily moves it´s activities in the quarantine canter where our direct beneficiaries are currently located. The new activities include IPC (Information, Protection & control), Mental health services and Health Promotions.
MSF staff working inside the AASTU quarantine center will be on roster and there will be 2 teams (one after the other for five weeks period) supporting and living inside the AASTU compound. Staff will be working for three weeks and will be in quarantine for another two weeks and will have paid leave for a week after. Therefore full relevant trainings, PPE (personal protection equipment), accommodation, food, internet access and reduced working hours will be provided to those MSF staff members.)
Accordingly, the Psychiatrics collaborates with MSF medical staff on the integration of psychiatric treatment with basic healthcare services in order to insure the treatment of patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders. He/she will be responsible for the care of all psychiatric patients followed in the quarantine center supported by MSF and/or in the Therapeutic Counseling Center in collaboration with the GP psychiatric focal point, the team of psychiatric nurses and mental health in general.
· Provide treatment for patients suffering from severe and common psychiatric disorders with specific attention to the cultural context.
· Provide training and supervision to national medical staff (MH team, doctors, Clinical officers and nurses) on diagnosis and treatment of severe and common mental health disorders according to MSF guidelines.
· Participate as a member of the mental health team when present and offer supervision and support to national psychologists and counsellors.
· Ensure that guidelines and psychotropic medications from MSF standard drug list are available in the project
· Ensure that proper information on treatment and follow up are collected in order to monitor the provision of care.
· Evaluate in-country available psychiatric services including possibilities for psychiatric hospitalization and the quality of these services.
· Form a relationship with MoH and exploration of sustainability of psychiatric treatment.
. Establish collaboration/communication with medical specialties in the project in order to achieve a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
· Provide information to the patients regrading pharmacologic intervention and adherence; building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients, combating stigma and helping patients and their families deal with it.
· Carryout administrative activities and documentation to have an update on the daily activities; writing and updating patient records.
· Participate in different medical reports (data collection and analysis) and work closely with the Mental Health Activity Manager and the GP psychiatric focal point.
· Share with different MSF specialists the different psychiatric cases requiring technical support using MSF medicine.
· In collaboration with the psychiatric nurses, the clinical officer and the GP psychiatric focal point, analyze the rational use of psychiatric drugs and antibiotics and share monthly with the PMR.
· Work in close collaboration with MSF mental health team like the psychologists to ensure a comprehensive package of mental health care for all patients and the identification of all the psychiatric patients.
. Implement and follow at all times IPC measures at TCC and Quarantine Center.
Education MD degree, specialized training in psychiatry
Experience • Essential working experience as a psychiatrist
• Experience in training and supervision
Languages Ethiopian local language and English
Knowledge Computer literacy, Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team, Strong communication and organizational skills.
Competencies • Result
• Stress management
9 total views, 3 today