Facilitator for Youth Leadership Program, June 2020 – NGO Jobs
enke: Make Your Mark (enke) generates and incubates youth-led social impact and enterprise at scale. We work to connect, equip and inspire an active, engaged and diverse community of active citizens and effective leaders youth with the self-belief and ability to identify and access opportunities to improve their future and that of others. We run holistic programs for high school, post-secondary and post-school youth which help young people fuel their desire and build their innate ability to identify and access opportunities for success.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the enke: Team, which empowers and supports youth to be drivers of positive social change in their communities. The Facilitator will be responsible for delivering the enke: Catalyst Program content; drawing out knowledge and insights from group members using different skills, tools, exercises and natural abilities to keep the group engaged and the group discussions moving forward.
Call for Applications: Facilitator for Youth Leadership Program
Are you passionate about working with youth driving social change in their communities?
Do you have experience working with youth and are open to learn more?
We’re looking to hire 6 Facilitators for our Catalyst Program.
This could be the position for you.
About the enke: Catalyst Program
The enke: Catalyst Program contributes to reducing the high rates of young people who are unemployed and out of school and therefore categorized as not in employment, education or training (NEET). Working with unemployed, post-school youth ages 18-35 years old, the objectives of the Catalyst Program are to:
- Break the continuum of hopelessness by working with post-school, unemployed youth to rebuild their self-belief and resilience through training, practical experience and inspiration.
- Inspire and support a bias toward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation by helping young people develop the skills, networks and desire to identify and access opportunity.
- Help youth place themselves into employment, education or enterprise.
The 6month program for 18-30 year olds (youth NEET) is an experience in personal development, social impact and guided coaching to increase the likelihood of conversion to being in employment, education or training.
We are searching for dynamic, experienced and engaging facilitators to deliver our next intakes of the Catalyst Programs, as we gear up for scale. This opportunity gives you a chance to gain valuable experience working with and learning from a youthful, high-achieving and supportive team contributing to real change in South Africa. This intake of the Catalyst Program will be implemented in the following regions within Gauteng, namely: City of Johannesburg, West Rand and Ekurhuleni.
Start Date: 06 July 2020
End Date: 18 December 2020
Position Type: Independent Contractor (approx. 6 month fixed contract)
Time commitment required: Part-time, 4 days per week (2 days delivering training, 2 day’s administration and preparation)
Remuneration: R1,500.00 per week (up to R6,000.00 per month)
Additional requirements: May need to be available on Weekends and/or evening for field trips and other commitments as needed.
Catalyst Program Facilitator Responsibilities & Scope:
- Lead dynamic workshops for participants, utilizing the enke: Catalyst Program Curriculum
- Lead dynamic workshops for participants, utilizing the enke: Catalyst Program online learning platform
- Maintain accurate workshop data, including attendance registers, evaluations, and other reporting documents
- Engage with participants when they arrive at the training facility, utilizing breaks and mealtimes as opportunities for individual engagement
- Develop activity debriefs/reflections and deliver the curriculum in a meaningful and effective way
- Co-facilitate occasional small and large group learning opportunities with additional content as determined by enke: Make Your Mark
- Administer surveys at the first and last workshop to support the data collection requirements
- Engage in weekly feedback with Program Manager and co-facilitators to ensure meaningful evaluations of the program and activities
- Ensure that all materials and resources are made available at the time of the execution of the sessions
- Ideal candidates will commit to a regular facilitating schedule of twice weekly
We are looking for young, independent, reliable and committed professionals with the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- A minimum Matric
- A minimum of 1-year experience as a process or outcomes-based facilitator or community organiser
- Demonstrable experience communicating with different stakeholders
- Strong history of education/training in the areas of adult learning, and/or the facilitation of educational programs for adults
- Prior experience in public speaking and good presentation skills, required. Must be proficient in English and another SA vernacular language
- Project planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring skills
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures
- Report writing and data capturing
- Ability to take initiative and develop resolutions to challenges
- Competency/ability to use Microsoft Office
- Effective verbal and written communication ability
- Initiative – Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals.
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt to changing circumstances where required
- Attention to detail – Ensuring that work is completed with great care and that every detail is taken care of timeously
- Certificate as a Facilitator advantageous
- Prior experience using online Facilitation/Learning tools or platform is advantageous
- Persons residing in the following areas Ekurhuleni, West Rand and City of Johannesburg, are encouraged to apply.
Visit www.enke.co.za for more information about the organisation.
Application Process / Instructions
Every part of the application process tells us something about you. Completing the online application comprehensively and submitting your CV gives us information not just about your experience, but indicates your attention to detail and understanding of given instructions.
Please follow these instructions accurately in submitting your application:
- Complete the Online Application – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VDPCMYF, Note that part of the online application will ask about your motivation, encourage you to explain why you want to work with enke: Make Your Mark and what skills, experience and personal attributes make you the best person for the advertised role. We highly recommend having a comprehensive response prepared. Note that once started you will not be able to save and return to the application at a later time.
- Submit your CV, maximum 2 pages, via email to [email protected] by 5:30 pm, Friday 12th June 2020. The subject line of your email must include the position you are applying for and your full name; for example – “enke Program Officer Application – JOHN SMITH”
Only complete applications complying with all instructions (both online application and emailed CV with correct subject line) will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates may be contacted. Candidates who have not received a response within two (2) weeks of the closing date should kindly assume that their application has not been successful.
10 total views, 1 today