Clinical Advisor, June 2020 – NGO Jobs
Project Name: USAID TBSAP
Position Title: Clinical Advisor
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Team Lead: Clinical and Diagnostic Services
The USAID TB South Africa Project is five-year contract which builds upon interventions and achievements from URC’s current USAID TB CARE II South Africa and the prior TB Program South Africa. TB CARE II activities supported the South Africa National Department of Health’s (NDOH) TB prevention and control efforts, working closely with national and provincial partners to close identified gap areas and further develop sustainable systems that can carry forward long-term improvements in TB and drug-resistant (DR) TB diagnosis, care, and treatment services.
TB South Africa Project will help the government of South Africa further reduce TB infections, with the ultimate goal of ending TB once and for all. To reach this goal, TBSAP will continue to improve the long-term sustainability of effective TB response systems and improve TB care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
The Clinical Advisor’s role is to provide support the implementation of country-wide scale up of community and facility-based TB/MDR TB treatment programs. He/She will be responsible for the following activities but not limited to:
Minimum Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop with NTP and other implementing partners strategies for improving the quality of TB;
- Strengthen clinical knowledge and experience in the management of TB;
- Assist the National TB Control Programme in implementing strategies to prevent TB/ MDR TB;
- Initiate and provide technical support and training to district-based management teams and service providers to implement and monitor TB/ MDR TB treatment programs;
- Build capacity of project staff, Department of Health (DOH) counterparts and collaborating NGOs in the implementation of interventions to prevent, diagnose and treat TB / MDR TB;
- Ensure correct patient management and review clinical decisions while strengthening expertise among health care professionals for TB/DR TB and HIV care;
- Work with the DOH to assist in the implementation of TB/ MDR TB monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Work with NGOs to implement innovative treatment support and monitoring tools through Health technologies;
- Assist to design / implement targeted operations research to assess and improve implementation of TB/ MDR TB programs;
- Provide regular monitoring and evaluation reports to the Clinical Services Team Leader.
- Provide monthly and quarterly status reports to the Team Lead: Clinical and Diagnostic Services;
- Provide activity-based reports a per the project guidelines to the Team Lead: Clinical and Diagnostic Service.
Minimum Educational Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Medical Degree and Current registration with HPCSA;
- Masters in Public Health or an equivalent would be an advantage;
- 3-5 years working experience in TB control, TB/HIV and DR TB Clinical Management;
- Knowledge of advanced, complex case management would be an advantage;
- Must have knowledge of government guidelines and protocols for TB and DR TB management;
- Experience in training, clinical mentoring and supervision;
- Proven skills in program management including institutional capacity building and systems development;
- Must be a team player with excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills;
- Flexibility to work at several geographical dispersed sites;
- Must be a very well-organized individual;
- Good Computer skills in Excel, Power Point and MS Word;
- Excellent English language, written and oral skills;
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel locally;
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period, without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the Position, Province and District on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet (link: https://www.usaid.gov/sites/default/files/AID1420-17.doc) to [email protected].
Closing date: 19 June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
URC is an E-Verify Employer.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce
15 total views, 1 today