Community Health Workers x 6 positions are available (4 Months Fixed Term Contract) at our client, Wits Health Consortium Ezintsha division in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Ezintsha is a group of South African academics and health professionals who work with partners around the world. We apply new technology to health-related problems, and work to extend access to effective drugs in order for quality health care and medicine to be provided to everyone. Ezintsha was formed in 2019 and is a sub-division of Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute, which is part of the University of the Witwatersrand, based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Main purpose of the job
Recruit, screen and ensure the retention of study participants while providing support for the efficient conduct of research.
Location – Johannesburg (Ezintsha sites)
Key performance areas include:
• Recruit participants according to study inclusion/exclusion criteria
• Conduct screening interviews to consenting participant to determine eligibility into study.
• Address relevant concerns and misconceptions about the study with participants
• Receive queries from participants and address or refer the queries to your line manager accordingly.
• Establishing a relationship of trust and respect with participants.
• Actively listen to participants and empathise with them.
• Provide support to care givers and families.
• Report on number of participants recruited on daily basis to team leader
• Promote studies and recruit participants by conducting presentations, radio talks and distributing brochures at the Clinics.
• Address potential participants in accordance with recruitment targets and participant recruitment standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Obtain verbal consent before conducting screening interviews.
• Inform willing participants that participation in the study is voluntary.
• Schedule appointment with eligible participants to attend further screening at study clinic
• Call participants to complete follow up questionnaires, if required.
• Follow up on missed visits and complete the necessary feedback logs.
• Prepare list of home visits according to priority and living area.
• Conduct home visits if follow up calls are unsuccessful, and document these as required.
• Contact participants prior to their scheduled visits to remind them of their next visit.
• Receive queries from participants and address or refer queries accordingly.
• Update screening logs and/or tracking database on a daily basis
• Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrate effective self-management.
• Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
• Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback.
• Take ownership for driving own career development by participating in on-going training and development activities e.g. workshops, conferences etc.
• Apply knowledge of the organisational systems, structures, policies and procedures to achieve results.
• Provide appropriate resolution for tasks or deadlines not met.
• Support and drive the organisation’s core values.
Required minimum education and training
• Grade 12
Required minimum work experience
• Minimum of 1 year in recruitment of study participants
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
• Certification in Good Clinical Practice.
• Confidentiality, tact and discretion must be maintained at all times.
• A thorough understanding of pre- & post HIV test counselling
• Ability to manage self and prioritise own workload.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
Area Sales Manager required in Johannesburg North with Minimum 2 years working experience as a Retail Store Manager, fluent in...Apply For This Job
Job title: Lead Technician, Maintenance – 1st shift Company: MSD Job description: is known as “Merck” in the United States,...Apply For This Job
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda...Apply For This Job
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in...Apply For This Job